CBSE Class 8 Science – FA1 Sample Question Paper
Answer all questions
- The property of the metal which help in making coins is…………and the property of the metal which help in making wires is ……….
- A piece of Aluminium foil is dropped in a test tube containing fresh sodium hydroxide solution. A burning match stick is brought near the mouth of the test tube. What change do you expect to observe? Name the gas formed in the reaction.
- Write two examples each of exhaustible resources and non-exhaustible resources.
- What are fossil fuels? Give two examples.
- Name any four constituents of petroleum.
- Why natural gas is preferred to other fuels?
- List the uses of petrol and lubricating oil.
- Define ignition temperature. Petrol burns more readily than kerosene. Why?
- What are the causes of deforestation?
- Write two things you would do for the maintenance of green wealth of our school campus? 2×10=20
- How do metal differ from non metals? Give five points. 5
- Draw a diagram showing the different zones of a candle flame and label. Which is the hottest zone? 5
- How is coal formed? 5
14. List the various consequences of deforestation. 5